Neo-Gothic Gates Restoration
City College, New York NY
The three neo-gothic gates were part of the 1908 larger City College campus construction project by New York architect, George B. Post. All the gates required the full replacement of the off-white terra cotta and schist stone, similar to Compton Hall (see here) and Harris Hall (see here). The first gate is facing Amsterdam Avenue and served as the main access point on the old Campus, while the other two gates are located on Convent Avenue and feature intricate metal arches spanning over the street.
The project was managed from design to completion by TDA in association with another architectural office.